About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vote Early 2008

Yippee............................................I Voted


This is what my voting place looked like this afternoon at 1:00. Fairly large crowd of people, all with their friendly faces on today!


Although every American citizen over the age of 18 is allowed to vote, according to statistics only about half of those turn out to vote on election day. For the last 50 years we have never had a higher percentage than 62.8 of eligible Americans voting. The percentage of voters tends to be between 60% and 50% during a presidential election year.

This year the polls say things will be different, they are estimating that 80% of Americans will vote. I voted early……..yes! I only had a 20 minute wait in line before I received my voting credit card. I am but a small voice, but a voice is a wonderful thing to have in this government.

Come Election Day if the weather is stormy and the lines are long...I'll be home having an Election Night Bash.....ala Rachael Ray style:

Campaign Trail Mix

Uncle Sammies

Bipartisan Salad

We are also going to have a US Map that we will color in each state as the results come in......................wonder if I'll make it to work November 5th?


John McCain and Barack Obama glittering comment from FLMNetwork.com

No comments: