About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Creamy Vegetable Soup

What a day for nice hot pot of fall soup! It’s cold outside, windy and overcast…..but better than the stock market forecast. And you know, with the temperature here dropping like the stocks, a good bowl of hot soup is just what I need.

Dave Ramsey, the financial guru, suggests that you live on rice and beans….but I think pasta and vegetables…….doesn’t that sound robust, resilient, and strong.

Since DH is still doing the vegetarian thing I came up with this “believe you me” yummy recipe all by myself.

4 cups water
1 can evaporated milk
1 can vegetable stock
1 chopped onion
2 cups julienne carrots
2 cups chopped celery
8 oz fresh mushrooms
1 cube butter
1 pkg Knorr's Vegetable recipe mix
3 cups dry egg noodles
2 cans mushrooms soup
Salt and Pepper to taste

Saute chopped onion, carrots, celery and mushrooms with 1 cube of butter. Cook until tender, add Knorr's Vegetable recipe mix, vegetable stock and 4 cups of water. Continue cooking until everything is good and tender. Add noodles and cook for 10 minute or until noodles are tender. Mix cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk and add to vegetables. Let it simmer until you are ready to serve. This is definitely a keeper..........or I'm dang hungry today!

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

Wow! Sounds yummy-you should save it and enter some great cooking contest-that has the winner going to Italy.LOL-and of course you could take someone with you. Seriously-it looks good.