About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Break ~ What a great weekend!

There have been more than a handful of times in my life when God has allowed me to see things with a bit more clarity; taking away a layer of earthly muck, mire, and drama you might say. This weekend I was reminded that there is nothing more valuable on this earth than God's blessings and its all too easy to get caught in life's dizzying pace and not even recognize them.

The family spent the weekend at our get-away in Park City.........we hiked the beautiful trails.

We saw the beauty of nature all around us.
We spent hours and hours of time together.......eating, laughing, and swimming. I didn't get any pictures at the pool, but Jason got a shot that I can't wait to show you. I'll steal it from his flickr page as soon as he posts it.
We watched movies, played games, and shopped the outlets. I knew the movie "The Secret Life of Bees" was opening this weekend, so Daughter -in -love and I spent this afternoon crying, laughing and remembering how important family really is. My favorite quote from the movie........ Some things don't matter much, like the color of a house, how big is that in the overall scheme of life? But lifting a person's heart--now, that matters.

The whole problem with people is ... they know what matters, but they don't choose it... The hardest thing on earth is choosing what matters.

I know that I'm trying my best to choose what matters. These are the things that truly matter in my life – family, friends, love, kindness, compassion, understanding, concern, and childlike wonder at nature’s magnificence that’s all around us. These are the things which carry me through life’s long journey happily. These are my real treasures. Thanks for a wonderful weekend kids.....you bring a smile to my face each and every day.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

Beautiful Post! I am so happy that you get to enjoy the time with family. I hope the picture from Jas has you in it. PC is always so fun.
Can hardly wait to see the movie.