About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thirsty Thursday

A few weeks ago my teaching partner introduced me to Starbuck's Chai Tea....made with Soy! OMG I loved it, but the cost was more than I wanted to paid for a cup of tea. So I search through recipe books, the internet, and asked around if anyone knew how to make this delicious mix! I put several recipes together and came up with one that is so dang good....even my son and grandson love it! Creamy Delightful Chai Tea with Soy Milk .................and I'm up this late having a cup of it right now.

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup Italian flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom (a bit pricey but the flavor is oh so good)


DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, Italian flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot soy milk.
Now of course I have a gadget that makes Cocoa Latte and I make 3 cups of this at a time! Stop by if you would like a cup. Can't wait to share it with you!

No comments: