About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, May 29, 2015

Dinner with Friends


We enjoyed dinner last night with our friends Mike & Kathy Gallegos at Kamikazes in Ogden....and we'll do it again because it was delishhhh!
Peeps every Thursday they run a 5 dollar Souvlaki special (eat in only) and you can't beat it.   The recipes are close to the owner and his heart as they are his mother's and when you eat the Greek food you are tasting something handed down to him from a very special lady.  It is truly amazing!!!! 

I promise you will be back for more ....just like we will!




Of course I wanted the recipe for the .....
Lemon Rice Pilaf

Prep Time: 30 mins   Total Time: 30 mins  Servings: 4-6

Ingredients:

1/4 lb butter
2 cups uncooked rice (Uncle Ben's long grain converted rice works well)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
5 cups hot chicken broth
salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Heat butter in a heavy skillet. When it's hot, add the rice and, stirring constantly, sauté on medium heat until transparent but not brown.
Add the lemon juice, chicken broth, and salt.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

Remove the pan from the heat and let pilaf stand uncovered for 5 minutes before serving.

Here's hoping I can make it taste as good as theirs!

No comments: