About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Countdown #5 ~ East Winds Bring Community Together

The above pictures are from my good friend Kally Heslop….she lives in Kaysville and this is her neighborhood.  It is so very sad to have all these beautiful old trees gone.  We drove around the streets of Ogden….. devastating to see all the pine trees laying on the ground. Can hardly believe it...

DSC_0119

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0124DSC_0128

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There was widespread damage across the city, including downed tree limbs and fences, shingles and siding blown from homes……..not to mention that I lost 4 windows in my car, along with the hood and passenger side paint…..CHIPPED all to H…….!!!!!   UGH

Despite the craziness,living in Utah you just feel a great amount of love for neighbors who all come together to get done what needs to be done.  Yesterday streets were filled with neighbors helping one another out.  I love the area I live in!  It is amazing the amount of work that can be done when every pitches in and works together. I have been doing a lot of thinking and although this storm caused quite bit of extensive damage, this is nothing like some of the many other storms and natural disasters that many of you and others have dealt with.  I cannot imagine walking out of your home after some of these earthquakes, tsunamis, floods and hurricanes and finding everything obliterated.

It is times like these that help you gain perspective very quickly about the things that are of true importance.  Such a good reminder as we head into this holiday season.  A season that is becoming more about the stuff you can acquire and receive than celebrating the birth of our Savior, loved ones and serving others.

No comments: