We made Grandpa and Grandma Great this bird seed wreath for Christmas
8 tablespoons cold water
4 - 1/4 ounce packages Knox unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups water
8 cups birdseed
1. Empty the 4 packages of gelatin into 8 tablespoons of cold water in a large bowl. Let the gelatin sit for 1 minute.
2. Meanwhile, boil the 1 1/2 cups of water. Add the boiling water to the gelatin and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until the gelatin has dissolved.
3. Stir 8 cups of birdseed into the gelatin, mixing thoroughly.
4. Let the mixture set for a few minutes, then stir again. Repeat this process a few times allowing the seed to absorb the liquid.
5. Spoon the mixture into a greased bundt pan and put in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours
6. Remove the wreath from the mold by inverting the pan and tapping along the bottom. The pan may need to warm to room temperature before the wreath will come out.
7. Allow the wreath to dry overnight or longer if necessary. Placing it on a cooling rack will help the air circulate. The wreath should be very solid when completely dry.
8. Use several strands of raffia, twine or strong string to form a loop to hang the wreath.
9. Enjoy the visitors….