About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Why Do I Blog? Could it be Root Canals?

A little over a year ago, I took to the keyboard with blogging. Why..I ask myself do I do this? Maybe it is to take on my alter ego...LeAnn...the sweet life, perhaps this is truly my fictional character...who is sweet, kind, generous, outgoing, life of the party...etc. And I'm all to familiar with the teacher quote about touching lives..and being connected to everyone and everything!

Then after reading the quote by Frederick Buechner, I realized it is probably as profound as any about what blogging is all about:

"The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt."

All these thoughts came about because I had another root canal (2nd one since I have been blogging)! While I was in Dr. M's office Thursday, he said, "So, will this be on your blog tonight?" I immediately said, "No way!" That is because my first root canal was not all that pleasant of an experience....and Dr. M did not do my first one! If you would like to read about it again...here is the link:

http://ladolcevitaleann.blogspot.com/2007/05/here-is-darling-jennifer-parker-im-so.html geeze I wish I knew how to just copy the little short version of the html...

Sorry I'm off track again (no not school track ....just ADD...you know the one teachers always think you are!)

Okay so back to the idea of blogging about everything in your life ....after Dr. M gave me the thought, I came home and found a picture of the real Dr. M.

Lookie here: I think Dr. M has an alter ego too! He is the best dentist I have ever been to. He knows his stuff and does it well. And he BBQ's when told to do it by the BC Girls!

Seriously he is the best dentist around because he went to the prestigious University known as "Georgetown". He took my BFF across the country and became a renowned DDS. ....so if you would like my recommendation for the best there is you will want to make an appointment with Dr. McKellar. You will be glad you did.
Artistic Dental Care
3984 Washington Blvd
Ogden, UT 84403
(801) 399-4477‎
Tell him I sent you!
Now that is why I blog......you are all connected with my root canals and everything else that happens in my life!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks LeAnn. I should put you in charge of my advertising. Dr. M

Nancy Mc said...

Very nice! Thank you for being such a great patient. We do share a lot of info with the world through blogging.
Root Canals-aren't they the best? LOL

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I love that quote - thank you for sharing it. Your dentist looks like a hoot - if I'm up in the Ogden area and in need of a root canel (Heaven forbid) I'll look him up.
Have a great ay!
Colleen

Nicole said...

I may be his number 1 patient for root canals, and I must say he does do a great job.