About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Adventure Meals

After working in the backyard all afternoon Saturday, dinner was prepared and served on the patio. Experimental food for the sweet life girl....Mediterranean Potato Salad, Spanikopita, and not so experimental chicken drumsticks. Spanikopita is a pastry with a filling of spinach, feta cheese, green onions, egg, and seasoning. The filling is wrapped in layers of phyllo pastry with butter spread on the inside and out. Spanakopita is golden in color when baked. It is mostly eaten as a Greek snack. It took much longer to bake than the recipe required, and the top wasn't as golden brown as I would have liked. Family gave it 4 stars....to much work for 4 stars. Next time I'll use the filling inside crescent rolls...the pop can kind...and make individual triangles.
Mediterranean Potato Salad.....Ali wanted it heated. So when DH came home for dinner, I tossed a little cheese on the top and warmed it in the micro... he said it was great.
Sunday morning another experiment........Huevos Rancheros with Roasted Tomato Sauce. When DD saw this, she immediately said, "Mom, we live in America, could we just have like pancakes and eggs for breakfast?" She agreed that is was pretty Yummy! But it requires a great deal of prep! I couldn't do this for a crowd of people, unless of course I let them dish up their own.
Tonight's dinner..............Pizza........is that American, darling Italian Daughter?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good and as always, you cook way too much food!

Anonymous said...

Looks good and as always, you cook way too much food!

Nancy Mc said...

Wow, these dishes all look YUMMY! What time can we show up for dinner?