About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Glad Game

Remember the scene from the movie "Pollyanna" with the prisms? OMG ~ most of you are way to young!

That is when my love affair with prisms started.... back in 1960 with the scene of Pollyanna hanging the lamp prisms with the grouchy old man Mr. Pendleton. Pollyanna hangs the crystal lamp prisms in his window and brought him many beautiful rainbows. Then as Pollyanna tried to teach him the Glad Game….I really fell in love …just because they made me so Glad!


"Oh, yes; the game is to just find something about everything to be glad about--no matter what 'twas."



I now have a small solar prism hanging in the window of my office to catch the sun and make magical rainbows begin dancing on the walls. Dang difficult to capture a picture of the little rainbow beauties……

2 comments:

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

I have your Mary Kay order complete. My mom will bring it to you tonight. Your total is $32.00 and you can just give her a check.
Thanks,
Jen

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I am just catching up with your blog - OMG! I LOVED Pollyanna - she was also my very last doll! I think she was like 2 or 3 feet tall -the doll - not Hailey Mills- LOL -

Anyway, thanks for bringing back memories I loved - that's what friends are for.
Colleen