About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I AM

I was totally inspired when I read "I am from" over at http://lifeinthelostworld.blogspot.com/so I decided to write my own. Jayedee said if you would like to write your own, there are some guidelines that can be found over at "fragments from floyd"

I am from lush backyard gardens, from Smith Corona Typewriters and Hallmark Cards.

I am from the front porch chairs and large shade trees with the winds gentle breeze.

I am from the lilacs, hibiscus, apricot trees, from the toy boats in the ditch and Salem Pond Bridge.

I am from picnics, swings, books and spaghetti and practice makes perfect, you need to get ready, from Frank and Leola, and Thomas and Viola, and Stephano and Caterina. I am thinking an “a” should be added to make my name LeAnna.

I am from the intelligent and hard working people, with strange looking little toes, some with very nice hair and others with ostrich feathers like mine.

From practice your piano, is your homework done and walks around the town on a Sunday afternoon, I am from Catholics and Mormoms who love the Lord.

I'm from Utah, Italy, and Wales, spaghetti and roast beef and tiramusu please.

I’m from two grandmothers who raise 7 children each after both grandfathers were tragically taken in accidents, from learning to drive and the gift of a Mustang, GTO, and TBird, from the old cabin being replaced by the new, from hours upon hours at baseball parks.
I am one with a husband, parents, children, cousins, aunts, and uncles and valued friends.

I am from boxes and albums and old fashion slides, with digitals on computers, I from Llardos, Hummels, Madeam Alexanders, and Precious Moments placed in curio cabinets big and small.
I am from memories that take up volumes, I am from friendships and unconditional love, from happiness and tears,
that will go on for many generations and years.

2 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

I LOVE that! I am going to have to try it. It describes you perfectly.

jayedee said...

beautiful.... simply beautiful. which is why you're a teacher and i just schlep around the house! lol