About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Watermelon Salad


Watermelon Salad


INGREDIENTS
2 small watermelons
1 pound fresh pineapple chunks
1 pound seedless grapes
2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
2 bananas, cut into bite-size pieces


DIRECTIONS
Cut each watermelon in half lengthwise. Hollow out the insides using a melon baller, reserving rind for later use. Drain pineapple, and discard juice. Cut apples in half, remove cores, and cut into bite size pieces. Peel banana, and slice in to bite size pieces. Rinse grapes under cold running water, and pat dry.
In a bowl, toss together the watermelon balls, pineapple, apple, banana chunks, and grapes. Divide fruit salad among the 4 reserved watermelon "bowls," and serve.


A tried and true recipe, that is great for the summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The salad looks yummy!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Basic, but worth the effort. Remember the ceramic watermelon you made for me several years ago...it makes it lots easier to make the salad. You have done so much for me, thanks for always being there.