About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Grilled Tomato and Provolone Cheese Sandwich



Most people do not care if tomatoes are a fruit or a vegetable ---as long as they're juicy and delicious. They happen to be the most popular homegrown crop in the United States. I happen to have just 5 plants in my small garden and they are coming on strong! Tonight for dinner we had grilled tomato and provolone cheese sandwiches. Simple and Easy! Last night we had avacado and tomato sandwiches....wonder what tomorrow will bring.

My dad (pictured in his garden) has a great Fresh Summer Salsa recipe. I sure hope he doesn't mind that I'm sharing it with everyone who stops by to read this blog.

2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
1/4 cup parsely, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cumin

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate.


And by the way, tomatoes are a fruit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomato sandwiches are one of the things that I miss most. GF bread just does not make into a great sandwich.
I am 'needing' your best remedy for the night HF.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

lol - a fan, ac set at 76....Good Luck. I didn't ever buy the pjs that are suppose to help, maybe we should give them a try.

Anonymous said...

i really thought that i had already gone through the change-so did not keep the pj info for myself-where to look?