About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, August 18, 2007

BC My Sister's Keeper


Given the topic of this book, I knew it was going to be a difficult read for me.
If you are under the age of 18, do you own the rights of your body? Imagine that all your life you have been subjected to medical procedures to help save your older sister's life. Imagine that you come to realize that the only reason your parents decided to have you was to help save your sister's life. At what point do you say, "Enough"? At what point do you decide that your body is yours to protect, even if it means the possible death of your sister? At what point should a parent stop helping one child, in order to help the other? Even when the book is a challenge book club is always wonderful. It was so fun to be with all of you until the wee hours of the morning, and of course, I love Park City. The drive home was a breeze - not much traffic on the I-15 at 2:00 in the morning. Here are the crazy pictures from the evening.


Lisa playing in the puddle!

Nina said that this was the best meal we have had all year! Nancy said....hmmm do you remember the dinner that I served YOU! We have so much fun.~~~~~~





The Park Regency is our home away from home!

August 17, 2007 Dinner on the patio ~~with Rain!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, BC is ALWAYS so much Fun! I look forward to it each month-more so than Christmas even. What special friends we have that make BC what it is. (I do hope all the BC members read Le's thoughts and RESPOND! I learned how to so I know each of you can too!)

;- )

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Thanks Nancy...I finished Yada Yada today, and it reminded me how happy I am to have a group of friends like those in BC. I appreciate your friendship so much! Thanks again.