About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Waffles for Breakfast

The new favorite menu for breakfast is our homemade waffles.  They are light and fluffy – better than any mix we have ever used.  I’m talking hot & fresh, and straight from the iron: These special homemade waffles are my current obsession. The warm, rich aroma of the waffle coming from the waffle iron as they bake is complete and utter heaven. This morning they were extra special because Big K was the rad-waffle cook.   He measured, poured, and mixed it all together.  I think he actually had a good time doing it.  Little did he know it was math skills we were working on this morning


Waffles 1Although our breakfast was not the Lola Dutch Bon Appetit – with grits and gravy for gator, pastries with hot cocoa and marshmallows for pig, crepes(Lola might be English…where are you Brad!) with whipped cream for crane – we can never have too much whipped cream – we came close!  Topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream I think Lola Dutch would have been impressed.

INGREDIENTS:

2 eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 3/4 cups milk

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 tablespoon white sugar

4 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:

1.  Preheat waffle iron, beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy.  Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla just until smooth.

2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.  Pour mix ont hot waffle iron.  Cook until golden brown.  Serve hot!

waffles 2

No comments: