About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Just Be Yourself

National Sibling Day…and I see so many of my friends posting pictures of their sisters and brothers on social media… and I’m thinking hmm..I can’t do that because:

Yes -  I AM AN ONLY CHILD

Many think that being an only child is a lonely way to grow up.  And there are so many sterotypical ideas about who we are as only children.

…..So with that being said let me tell you what I have learned as an only child:    I CAN

1. Amuse myself and not get bored
2. Spend hours alone and not get lonesome
3. Believe people want to listen to me
4. Be creative and see the big picture
5. Be independent
6. Think quickly on my feet
7. Lead myself first
8. Value self-education
9. Take action and make things happen
10. Step out of my comfort zone and go it aloneKendry Zane LeAnn


We only have so many years on this beautiful planet, and I want to spend them being me (and not the version of me that I think everyone else wants).

And here are a few of my fellow only children…just sayin’

FDR, Frank Sinatra, Betty White, Alicia Keys, LeAnn Rimes and Elvis.

Oh yeah, and the most important one of all… you may have heard of him…. he goes by the name Jesus. You might remember him as the guy who performed miracles, was charitable, forgiving, loving, and taught that being nice to other people was admirable. 

“Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory” (1 Peter 1:8)

So yeah, there have been some pretty rad only children.

Happy Sibling Day to all of you who love and adore your brothers and sisters.  I love you too!

No comments: