About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, April 9, 2018

There is Beauty All Around

Spring Flowers

When I think of my childhood,  there are a few memories that remain so vivid in my mind. Most of those memories involve my parent’s backyard, with the gorgeous flowers and trees and the biggest yard in the neighborhood. Today I am so grateful for the beautiful sunshine and blue sky that I brought a little inside to brighten my day.  Remembering how many days my dad would bring in those beautiful bouquets to brighten our kitchen table.

Many times in life, in the past, I’ve often thought of gratitude in terms of the big stuff and then often overlooked the small things, forgetting about joy altogether. 

Seriously, the big things, the life changing and momentous things, are usually few and far between, but the little things are all around us, everywhere and everyday.  The trick is to stop and take notice of them as well as taking the time to attend to them if need be.

Over the last few months, I have found so many bits and pieces of joy scattered everywhere.   Little things like bubblemaking in the backyard, flower stems peaking out of the ground, the shining bright-eyes smiles of the grandkids those near and those far – and one with a brand new car!

But this …speaking of good things, this photo of our Magnolia tree brings me tremendous joy and I am so grateful to look out at it each day in our back yard.  Mother Nature is the maker of this beauty, and I know it is going to be one of those things I miss about this home.  So many years ago I had a vision for a tree like this because there was one on the corner from my childhood home…and here I am today photographing its beautiful baby blooms.  Today  my wish for any of you who might be reading this is that you find yourself living a life of joy and gratitude, and if you’re not quite there yet, may you set yourself directly on the path toward it.   xoxo

white magnolia

No comments: