About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Night and Day Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches

Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches

1 3 to 5 pound rump roast

2 cups water

1 large onion chopped and sauté

1 package au jus gravy mix

1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix

Italian Seasonings (oregano, parsley, basil, rosemary) optional

Sauté the chopped onion, then add to  mixture of water, gravy mix, and dressing mix. Pour over roast in crock pot. Combine everything in your slow cooker and cook overnight on low or  6 hours on high. In the morning shred the meat and return to slow cooker for another 8 – 10 hours on low.  Serve on buns or freeze for a meal later on.

Totally Awesome! When cooked overnight the meat just falls apart. The longer you let it set in its juices the better it becomes and freezing this for later in the month is no problem.

Buon Appetit

No comments: