About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Catch of the Day

Early this morning we headed to Cold Springs Trout Farm to have a fun spring day! Yes, it was cold and we had our winter gear on to keep us nice and warm!

photo (83)

First catch of the day…and no fear from him at all!

 photo (90)

Mommy helping hold the pole!

 photo (85)

I got this guys….I can do it myself!

 photo (87) 

See I got him right in the bucket…first try!

photo (84)

Let’s try it again…….

photo (86)

Yea…another one!

photo (88)

Look at all those fish…let’s stay here all day!

photo (89)

We made some very good memories today.  And I’m sure we made our Grandpa Great very proud.  

Cold Springs Trout Farm offers a chance to come and fish WITHOUT  having to buy a license, bring our own gear, or bait our hooks.  They charge you per the size of fish that you catch with the average price being about $4.50 per fish.  That includes gutting, cleaning and filleting the fish for you!!!  We brought home 6 very nice fish all filleted and ready for Grandma to cook!

Of course, after dinner we had to fly the helicopter (our latest obsession)!

photo (81)

Trout with clam Stuffing…….

1 rib celery, chopped

1 medium onion, chopped

4 medium mushrooms, coarsely chopped

4 tablespoons butter

1 can clams, minced or chopped, lightly drained, liquid reserved

2 slices bread, broken into crumbs

2 tablespoons parsley, chopped

1/2 teaspoon salt

pepper to taste

4-6 trout

lemon wedges and parsley for garnish

Cook celery, onion and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until onion is tender.  Stir in clams, bread, parsley, salt and pepper.  Moisten with a little reserved clam juice.  Stuff each trout cavity with 1/4 clam mixture.  Arrange trout in greased baking dish.   Dot with butter.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. 

No comments: