About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, November 12, 2012

Pomegranate Salad

Pomegranate Salad with Honey-Cider Vinaigrette

pomegranate-seeds

Ingredients:

  • 6-7 cups spinach/romaine combo, washed and dried
  • 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds – love that I’ve learned how to seed them!  You Tube!
  • 1/2 cup sugared or toasted pecans/walnuts  - love my mom’s recipe!
  • Queso Fresco, crumbled

Honey-Cider Vinaigrette Ingredients:

  • 6 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. honey or agave nectar
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 2 pinches of salt
  • freshly ground black pepper

Method:

In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette until well-blended.

Just before serving, toss spinach/romaine with vinaigrette. Then add in pomegranate seeds, pecans and feta and toss once more. Serve immediately.

I usually make individual servings so that the pomegranate seeds, pecans, and queso fresco are all nice a showy on top of the spinach.

Yippie….Got the pomegranate for 79 cents today at Winco!

No comments: