Pomegranate Salad with Honey-Cider Vinaigrette
- 6-7 cups spinach/romaine combo, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds – love that I’ve learned how to seed them! You Tube!
- 1/2 cup sugared or toasted pecans/walnuts - love my mom’s recipe!
- Queso Fresco, crumbled
Honey-Cider Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette until well-blended.
Just before serving, toss spinach/romaine with vinaigrette. Then add in pomegranate seeds, pecans and feta and toss once more. Serve immediately.
I usually make individual servings so that the pomegranate seeds, pecans, and queso fresco are all nice a showy on top of the spinach.
Yippie….Got the pomegranate for 79 cents today at Winco!