About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Banana Nut Breakfast Muffins

 

Everyone has a banana bread recipe that they swear is “the best ever” and it might be true. However, this one I made into Muffins… It’s simple, moist, tender, and very flavorful….so it is now my go to”Best Ever” recipe!
DSC_0176 Now that the cold weather is upon us and I can turn on the oven without getting heat stroke, I had to make something with my over-ripe bananas!  These freeze very well and defrosts quickly. I usually make up a batch and freeze 6 of them before everyone devours all 12.  Then in the morning, as the ones who have to head out the door to work,  they can grab one from the freezer and enjoy a delicious breakfast by the time they arrive at there appointed destination. DSC_0175

Banana Breakfast Muffins

makes 12 muffins

3 large or 4 medium ripe bananas, smashed

1/3 cup melted butter or margarine, cooled slightly

3/4 cup sugar

1 egg, beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 Tbsp espresso or strong coffee (optional)

1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

pinch of nutmeg

Pinch of salt

3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside a 12-muffin baking tin lined with paper or foil liners.

In a large bowl, mix the bananas with the melted butter. Add the sugar, egg, vanilla and coffee or espresso.

Mix in the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt and mix until just well incorporated. Slowly fold in the walnuts. 

Divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin tins. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes.  Remove from pan and serve. 

Buon appetito

No comments: