About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Biscotti

Pumpkin Biscotti

We have been really enjoying a few pumpkin recipes already this season ……….and with the pumpkin shortage that happened a few years back,

I can’t seem to help myself, with a few extra cans….which always seem to make their way into my grocery bag whenever I pass by them in the store.

Apparently my subconscious is worried I might have to go another ………two months without pumpkin this winter.  There are worse addictions…right?

Without further ado….here is the recipe for Pumpkin Biscotti!

Ingredients:

5 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Dash ground cloves

1 1/4 cups pus 2 tablespoons sugar

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

1/2  (15-ounce) can solid pack pumpkin

2 tablespoons water

1 cup dried cranberries

1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts

White Chocolate Chips drizzled…….

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.   Line cookie sheets with parchment paper

2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a medium bowl.   Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy.   Add pumpkin and water, beat until well blended.   Stir in cranberries and pistachios,

3. Shape dough into 2 logs, each about 14 inches long and 4 to 5 inches wide, on prepared cookie sheets.   Bake about 40 minutes or until firm to the touch.  Remove from oven; cool 20 minutes.  Transfer logs to cutting board, cut into 1 inch thick slices.  Arrange slices on cookie sheets, cut sides up; bake 20 minutes or until dry and lightly browned.  Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

4.  Melt chocolate chips in small microwavable bowl on High 30 seconds or until melted.  Drizzle over biscotti.

No comments: