About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, October 22, 2012

Buttermilk Syrup ----Thanks Julie

cream-jug

This is it…..make this syrup and you will have a smile for the rest of the day!

I hate giving my family any of the high-fructose maple syrup substitutes available at the mass market, and a bottle of real maple sets you back $8-$10- which is too rich for my budget these days. Thankfully, my Daughter-in-Love  gave me this recipe, which has quickly become a family favorite- and I mean, to the point that everyone is jump up and down and clap when we make Buttermilk Syrup. It’s real sugar, real butter, and real buttermilk. In our house, our favorite method of consumption is over cinnamon egg whole french toast …now made with Challah Bread!   OMG!!!

HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK SYRUP

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup fresh buttermilk

Melt together in a medium saucepot over low until butter is melted, then bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.

Remove from heat and stirring with a wire-whip, add:

1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda

The pot will froth and foam up when you add the soda- don’t worry- that’s what’s supposed to happen. Continue whipping for a few seconds and the froth with mellow a little bit. Serve immediately over french toast, waffles or pancakes. Be amazed at how much everyone loves it.  You’re welcome!

No comments: