About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's not about the destination; it's about the journey.

 

Before Little Man came along, we'd travel to fun spots around the country, hiked up mountain trails, or walk along natures paths!   Now? Not so much. Go for night out at a restaurant, a walk with him, shopping with him, and you'll quickly learn exactly what I mean. I’m sure he is a very normal toddler and I’m sure many of you know exactly what I’m talking about:

That bug on the leaf you never would have noticed? Fascinating.

The beauty of a field of flowers? Take it in. For an hour.

That slug who you thought looked the same as all the others? Different.

That leaf that is blowing in the wind?  Let’s chase it and crush it in our little hands!

You may not even make it to your destination, but taking the time to enjoy the journey, the process, makes the destination less important.

Kendry teaches us so much about life.

He teaches us what it is to experience little moments of joy throughout the day. He makes us  smile, and laugh, and play every day. He shows us what it's like to discover things about the world: the excitement over the taste and texture of a new food, the surprise of hearing someone else sneeze and the response of  “bless you” coming from whoever is in the room are all part of the wonderful life that I now enjoy with him by my side.

He reminds us that time goes by so fast, so we'd better enjoy each moment to the fullest. I look at him sometimes and can't believe how incredibly fast his babyhood is passing by.  So “Enjoy the Journey”!

No comments: