About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, March 23, 2012

Ed's Camp and Kactus Kafe

Ed's Camp is another roadside attraction that goes back to the early days of Route 66. Ed originally came to the area as a miner in 1917 and it didn't take him long to realize that the real gold could be found servicing the Route 66 traveler.

P1000339 Ed established his camp around 1919 and business was so good he never got around to building a proper building, he just threw up a roof to provide some measure of protection from the hot desert sun, wind, rain…etc(so those dark clouds) and Ed's Camp was born. Today the camp is deserted, but the odd buildings survive to temp the photographers ~ from the road that is ~ I wouldn’t venture any closer ~ bugs, dirt, snakes…who knows what….anyway it isn’t a good idea because Ed's Camp is private property and not open to the public.   I did pretty good for being in the car and on the road!

No comments: