About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Musing

What a treat this weekend was! Got to watch the “Girl” show us her basketball skills. She’s mighty good, if I do say so myself. No pictures….camera didn’t have its smarts in it! She impressed me to the point that I figure it is time to be looking for a good agent! I know she’s only 8…..but she’s got the skills!

Next adventure of the day was “early” dinner with the girls! If you get to Sonora Grill before 4:00 you can order off the lunch menu……..think we are looking to save a few pennies???? The huge chips and colorful salsas were great. You get tostada sized chips with two types of salsa - a flavorful fire roasted flavored red salsa and a very tasty cilantro flavored green salsa along with them. The ambiance of the place is fabulous and the decor is definitely ---one of a kind and gorgeous. The Sonora Grill is located in the Junction in downtown Ogden. A great place to meet up with a group of friends.

After dinner we found our way to the Egyptian to see the Sundance Film Festival ..... "Get Low"


As the film opens we see a very dramatic scene of a house burning, a man flying from the upstairs window of the home.....the scene closes and we see children throwing rocks at the home of hermit "Felix" who is the mysterious star of this film! Duvall brings the character to life with remarkable ease. I've given away just enough of the secrets of them film so that....you'll want to seek out this film when it comes to a theatre near you.


Bill Murray - the funeral director - of course has the lines to fill the theatre with laughter! He delivered as expected!


Bring on Sundance 2011

No comments: