About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday Verse 14

Out Riding FencesThat which cannot be seen is called invisible.

That which cannot be heard is called inaudible.

That which cannot be held is called intangible.

These three cannot be defined;

therefore, they are merged as one.

Each of these three is subtle for description.

By intuition you cans ee it,

hear it,

and feel it.

Then the unseen,

unheard,

and untouched

are present as one.

Its rising brings no dawn,

its settling no darkness;

it goes on and on, unnamable,

returning into nothingness.

Approach it and there is no beginning;

follow it and there is no end.

You cannot know it, but you can be it,

at ease in your own life.

Discovering how things have always been

brings one into harmony with the Way.

I spent many days reading this verse to try to understand its meaning. What allows us to be, my knowledge tells me it is my Heavenly Father who has provided us with all. Acknowledging Him in everything when looking at a tree, the fog outside my window this morning, the distant mountain which I know are there but cannot see, I am able to grasp the principle that allows everything to just simply exist. Today I am looking forward, with gratitude, to the awakening of springtime which I know will soon blossom because it has always existed…unseen…unheard…and untouched!

No comments: