About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Pudding and Cream Cheese Frosting







Want to know the best way to make friends and family happy...... Make Cinnamon Rolls! You'll be a hero!
Here is the recipe I used this week for vanilla pudding cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting. You simply add vanilla pudding to the dough to make it extremely soft and airy - and on my goodness you will be in love with these. I asked 4 of my close friend to give me an evaluation of the finished product....it was 4 thumbs up. One wanted just a hint more cinnamon, which I'm always afraid to do because I don't like it to over power the soft and sweet dough.
And who doesn't love cream cheese frosting? Of course I eat it right out of the bowl......
The filling is brown sugar, cinnamon, golden raisins, and chopped walnuts.....oh my, oh my, it is really that good! The recipe made 24 rolls....I ate my share and gave the rest to friends so dear who were suppose to share them with their friends.....sorry James!
Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Pudding and Cream Cheese Frosting
Rolls:
1/2 cup warm water
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
6 + cups "KING ARTHUR" Flour......my all time favorite flour
Filling:
1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups brown sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
Frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste - (Thanks Julie for the tip)
This makes such a difference.....you'll never feel the same about vanilla after you have
tried it! Orson Gygi carries the finest quality Madagascar Bourbon
3 cups confectioner's sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk
In a small bowl combine water (110 degrees), yeast and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside for about 10 minutes. In large bowl, take pudding mix and prepare according to package directions. Add butter, eggs, and salt. Mix well. Then add yeast mixture. Blend. Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Do not over flour the dough. It will be very soft but not sticky. Hopefully you have a bread mixer that does this job for you! Place the dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until double. Then roll out on floured board to 34 X 21 inches in size.... I know it huge! Spread 1 cup of soft butter over the surface. In bow, mix 3 cups brown sugar, 4 teaspoons cinnamon, golden raisins, and chopped walnuts. Sprinkle over the top of the butter. Roll up very tightly. With a knife put a notch every 1 - 1 1/2. Cut with dental floss or serrated knife. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Cover and let rise until double again. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 -20 minutes, just until they are to turn golden ....be careful not to over bake.

Frost warm rolls with cream cheese frosting. Combine butter, cream cheese, vanilla and mix well, add powdered sugar and mix again, then add milk for desired consistency. Make 24 very lovely rolls.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

I made something like this a few weeks ago, and the kids all wanted me to go back to my old stand by recipe.