About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snicker Doodle Bars



I love Snicker doodle Cookies and I have a couple of very dear friends who can put Mrs. Fields to shame when it comes to cookies. I am not anywhere near the top 100 cookie bakers in my little town so when I came across this recipe I decided......."I can do this!" Easy recipe, all ingredients in my pantry, fridge, and vuala ..Snicker doodle Cookie in a Bar! The house smells so scrumptious while they are baking. A very rewarding treat for a dreary winter day in February. I have no idea who originally came up with this recipe, but Thank You who ever you are Mrs.

Ingredients:

Dry:
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 scant teaspoon kosher salt

Wet:
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1 t. pure vanilla bean paste

Topping:
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 X 13 pan. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3 - 5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and whip until smooth.

Stir into the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan. The mixture looks just like cookie dough and it takes a little work to spread it out in the pan....you can do it!

Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon, in a little bowl. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on the top of the batter. I use my mesh strainer to sprinkle with.

Bake 25 - 30 minutes until surface springs back when touched gently. Cool completely before cutting. Makes 2 dozen bars.....well depends on how big you cut them!
WARNING - There is seriously "No escape" when these come out of the oven......the pan was gone within minutes! Buon Appetio

2 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Look so Yummy. I want to be right over to try them out.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Yeppie....but I'll have to make a new batch...GONE!