About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, August 25, 2008

50 Years of Loafer

It has actually been 51 years since we first went to Loafer Canyon, but cabins take time.....so 50 years of actually enjoying an evening in the beautiful canyon and sleeping in the fresh air is what I call living.
This was the cabin I enjoyed when I was just a "Little" girl.
In 2006 my kids decided it was time to return to the great outdoors. So we went in search of a new place for a new generation to enjoy Loafer. Above is the lot they settled on. It took months of work to clear it and get it ready for the building of a new cabin.
August 25, 2007 this is what the cleared lot looked like.
Just 1 year later look at my Daughter-in-love and her family have put up! AMAZING......AWESOME......AND BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL

Jason, Al, the kids and I have put in a few moments of work and I do mean moments...... But we love it just as much as anyone can!

Can't wait to show you the picture in a year from now!

2 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Loafer Canyon is SO beautiful. I loved it when we visited there. So peaceful even if only there for a few moments. I LOVE what d-i-l & her family have done. Can hardly wait to see it in 2009.

Annette and Scott said...

Glad to see you back on the blog...I was beginning to wonder what happened to you...The cabin looks great..so much work but so worth it in the end. Hope you're doing well...Talk to you soon!