About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, August 4, 2008

This is so me...it is scary!

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decided to water a small dead spot on my backyard lawn. After I turn on the hose I put it down and went back into the house. The mail had arrived so I walked to the mail box and took out the mail. Walking back into the house I looked over at my car and decide it needed washing. As I start toward the garage, I remembered the mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box just a few minutes earlier.

I decided to go through the mail before I washed the car. I laid my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and noticed that the can was full. So, I decided to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I took my check book off the table, and saw that there was only 1 check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the glass of juice (KABALA) I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the juice aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The juice is getting warm and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the juice, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water. I put the juice glass on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decided I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, DH will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back on the end table where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.



  • At the end of the day:

  • the car isn't washed

  • the bills aren't paid

  • there is a warm glass of juice sitting on the counter

  • the flowers don't have enough water

  • there is still only 1 check in my check book

  • I can't find the remote....DH screams!

  • and I can't find the car keys.

  • and the new storage room in the basement is now flooded because I left the water on out back!

What a blessing Jen was at our home and wanted to go tanning in the basement or the whole dang basement would have been a swimming pool!



Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all dang day, and I'm really tired.



I realize this is a serious problem because it all really happened. Now I'll try to get some help for this condition, but first I'll check my e-mail and of course read a few blogspots.



So y'all need to do me a favor. Please foward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who the heck I've sent it to.......oh that's why I have a blogspot!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

LOL this was a funny post, you crack me up.

Nancy Mc said...

That is TOOOOOO true. So not sure if it is funny or dejavu. Though I was laughing, remembering that I started to water the house plants yesterday, and I still have not finished. So AAADD must be hitting here too.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

New rule at my house....if you are watering outside....I can't lay the hose down!