About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Where did the week go?


Regretfully I have been gone from the blog world for over a week. Quick Recap:
* 3 days of Core Academy...love it!
* 1 week of year 2007-2008 school left
* Jon Meloan was back in town with the 51s so we spent time with him and Matt ....and Devre! Yes, I'm the match maker!





* BC was wonderful....I didn't take pictures but BFF did so I have one!


* Ogden-Raptors are 0 - 5 and I haven't brought them any luck. The season is young...Jessie (catching is a great guy!)


* I won (YEAH) a great gift from my BFF's blog giveaway...yes including the candy! Won't they be great for the 4th of July picnic table!




* The cabin is growing... Julie and family are working 24/7 and it shows. DS has designed a T-shirt for the working crew. Check it out at http://www.emptymind.org/
Doesn't this look beautiful?




Finally a new challenge has come to my life..................................

* DH has made a commitment to go vegetarian for 1 year... he has terrible gout (the medications....make him sicker than the gout)so he is hoping that avoiding meat will improve the condition. This was today's inventions...and I might say it was very tasty. Grilled veggie sandwich:
Here's the recipe:
1 cup sliced red bell peppers
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 cup mushrooms
1/8 cup olive oil
I grilled this in my grilling basket for about 10 minutes.
Mayonnaise Spread: 1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Mix together and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to assembly the sandwich.
When the vegetables were almost finished I spread the mayo mixture on Garlic Onion sliced bread from (Great Harvest)....I'm sure you can use your favorite bread focaccia would be awesome because you could cut it horizontally and make 2 long open faced sandwiches.
On top of the mayo mixture I added crumbled feta cheese on DH's, goat cheese on mine and grilled them until the cheese was melted with the lid closed. I watched very carefully so the bottom of the bread didn't burn. Removed them from the grill, and layered with the vegetables. YUMMY!

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

Wow! You are a BUSY woman! I wonder how you get it all done and teach school besides. You must give me your secret. The cabin is coming along fast. Love the t-shirt. The sandwich looks yummy. I am going to have to try the recipe. (Though tonight I am cooking the one you gave me on Saturday) I could go on and on!