About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday Nina is in Turin


Today my DF is off to Turin. Turin is known for its proximity to the Alps. You do remember that the city was also the host of the 2006 Winter Olympic Games.
My ancestors are from the Piedmont area, which is why Nina is taking a day to visit the area.…thanks Nina for making this a part of your extended trip to Italy.

On tours to Turin, you can enjoy its architectural splendor, cultural, and artistic richness, or indulge in exciting recreation, including skiing, trekking, hiking and mountain biking in nearby Alps.
Walking along its beautiful medieval streets is itself like visiting an open-air museum.
Above I made a collage of the major tourist attractions that you can visit on Turin tours including:
the Piazza Castello, housing the grand palaces of the Savoy dynasty, such as Palazzo Reale and Palazzo Madama;
Mole Antonelliana and the Museo Nazionale del Cinema (Museum of Cinema);
the Duomo housing the sacred Holy Shroud;
the Museo Egizio (Egyptian Museum);
and the absolutely beautiful little hill of Monte dei Cappuccini, offering breathtaking views of the snow-capped Alps.
You can also enjoy a scenic ride on the River Po to discover the beauty and charm of Turin City. Though Venice is the ultimate destination for cruises on the Po, as it wends its way across the country, the Po travels through or near many important ports of call, such as Turin. Tomorrow DF returns to Milan and several other stops.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

dream, dream, dream--etc. can you hear Glen Campbell singing? Looks like fun-wishing I was there