About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, June 6, 2008

Pennsylvania Flyer

The gks love trains and Frontrunner was such a fun experience for them, we decided to bring it a little closer to home....no we don't have a Frontrunner model...but we do have a Pennsylvania Flyer. The platform is my large dining table in our basement family room. Here you see Grandpa teaching the kids how to operate the transformer. They had a couple of lessons and then they were on their own. Of course, rules of the train have been set into place. This is not your typical play set train....oh no we don't have a toy train! So in order to operate the thing there must be an adult conductor present. Guess who that will end up being... yeppers it's Grandma!





We are such rookies....a simple oval track!
Soon the kids found a few items to add to our scenery.


They played for hours...until the adult conductor said time to pull the train into the station for the night. We'll be back at it early Saturday morning.....ALL ABOARD!!!

4 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh what a good grandpa! The kids look like they're having so much fun! Have a good week-end and dream of Italy!!
Colleen

Nancy Mc said...

Fun! And what a good grandpa. And of course he 'would never have toy anything! Enjoy the gk!

Vickie said...

Hi Leanne,
My Dad would take my kids to the Odgen train station for train shows when they were little. It's a great fun time. I just thought I'd let you know you've been tagged. Read my blog (Saturday,June 7th)to see the rules.
Vickie

SinlessTouch said...

that's a cool adult toy train you guys got there. better take care of it coz' its going to real valuable in the future & you can give it to your future kids :)