About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Fear Nothing



Do you have things that get on your nerves, under your skin, and just drive you absolutely crazy?  We all do! I don’t usually talk about those little (and big) problems, because….well I just don’t like to go there.  Today, I thought I would share with you how I like to deal with those things…Because, unfortunately, your DH will leave the toilet seat up, while driving someone will do something stupid, right in front of you, desserts will always have to many calories, and cotton shirts always need to be ironed. Right? The bugs probably aren't going anywhere…unless of course you have a good exterminator (http://buffospestcontrol.com/index.html).

I would love to share a few ideas on how I  keep those “BUGS” from driving me crazy, and hoping that I don’t become the “Fly in someone else’s ointment”  Before I begin I must admit that I am not good at sharing what bugs me and for the most part I like to keep it silent, just cause that is the way I deal with life!

1. Do Random Acts of Kindness – Think about those mosquitoes that buzz in your ear as you are trying to fall asleep…let’s drowned out that noise for someone by doing something kind.   When we do something kind, others are probably going to see the good rather than all the noise of things that are bugging them.  And don’t you always come away with a skip and a jump after you have done something kind for someone else…wouldn’t it be great if we could can that feeling and use it as an aerosol – A Natural “Bug” Spray for happiness!  Today my yard is filled with the smell of wonderful lilac…I’m going to make a bouquet and put it on the kitchen table for the family to enjoy that beautiful aroma.  Simple things! I love RAoK


2. Let’s turn off our electronic devices -Let's have some manners!  I harp on this all the time with my children...It is one thing to be available for an emergency but those who can't live without their phone to just stay in touch with friends, etc. worry me.... Unfortunately it’s the majority of today's population, a generation who can't think for themselves and need subconscious insurance that somebody cares.  Utah’s new law against texting while driving will hopefully save lives…. texting while driving can be deadly. Staying connected with the phone robs us of staying connected with what is going on around us. I think  most of us are mindful of this, but often find it difficult to stay away from as well.  Myself included!


3. Have Gratitude - Many days, I try to humble myself and hold a 2-minute gratitude session. I simply sit or kneel, with no distractions, close my eyes, and think about what I’m grateful for and who I’m grateful for.  Giving thanks for even the negative things (things that bug) can be helpful. There’s always two ways to look at something....half full/half empty!  Many times we think of something as negative — it’s stressful, harmful, sad, unfortunate, difficult, but that same thing can be looked at in a more positive way. Giving thanks for those things is a great way to remind yourself that there is good in just about everything. Problems can be seen as opportunities to grow, to be creative.  Kneel in prayer often!



4.  Be Still – My Soul 

5.  You are You - Stop Comparing - 
Yes - I am a daughter, mother and grandmother and I am enough...So are you my friend.
Each day I am enough when I choose to sit still and enjoy my Chai Tea instead of cleaning up the breakfast dishes.  
I am enough when I leave the clothes in the washer well beyond the essential 24-hour period and it bugs DH to no end!
I am enough when I try with all my might to have patience with everyone around me and then something inside snaps and like the branch of a tree I'm broken.
I am enough when I choose to read a book, play the piano, laugh, smile, sing, instead of cleaning the house!

I am enough when I cry because the day was so incredibly difficult and I had trouble keeping my eyes open because of exhaustion!

and when did I ever have hair like this..........DREAMING because my hair has always BUGGED ME!

No comments: