About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Burrito Casserole

We are always looking for new dishes, and this casserole did not disappoint.  We all really liked it..(Said ahead of time!)
It was easy to put together. The best part was I had almost everything in the pantry and fridge to put it together in about 30 minutes.  It is a very hearty dish and we will have plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  Another good thing about this dish is, it can be assembled well ahead of time and plopped into the oven when you are ready!
I made this in a 9.5 x 13.5-inch 3 quart dish, and it was right to the top of the dish!  I also think this would be a great neighbor dinner 
DSC_0212
INGREDIENTS:
2 pkgs Curly’s Sauceless Pulled Pork (24 ounces total)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 T butter for sautéing onion
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (15 ounce) can black beans (Drained)
1 (10 ounce) can rotel **Of course Mild at my house
2-3 cups shredded cheese of choice
1 (10 ¾ ounce) can cream of onion soup
1 cup sour cream
6 large flour tortillas
DIRECTIONS:
1. Sautee’ onion in 2 T butter; add pulled pork and cook over medium-low heat 5 – 10 minutes until pork is hot.
2. Stir in refried beans, rotel, and black beans
3. Mix soup and sour cream in a separate bowl.
4. Spread ½ soup/sour cream mixture in the bottom of a 3 quart casserole dish. 9.5 X 13.5
5. Tear us 3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture.
6. Put ½ the meat mixture over that.
7. Add a layer of cheese.
8. Repeat the layers
9. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake, uncovered, at 350◦F for 20-30 minutes.

No comments: