About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy 15th Month

Dear Kendry,

Another month has come and gone. I haven't stopped counting the months just yet, So when people ask me how old you are I always reply in months.   Today we will say Kenry just turned 15 months.  It's amazing how fast you are  growing and how each day you continue to  bring something new and special into my life.

Nowadays, you don't grab the phone just to press buttons. Instead, you grab it to have conversations. Yesterday you were talking babbling to grandma on the phone  and you were smiling, laughing, and walking around like you were talking some serious business. Don’t get me wrong here, you still love to push the speaker button and make the loud sound to match the tone on the phone.  It is a fun game you love to play.

You are certainly getting taller too. And it can be scary at times because you are always reaching for door knobs, cupboards, the toilet paper roll, the DVDs on the shelf (I cannot tell you how many times I've picked those up) and pretty much anything else you can think of. Just today when I put you into your car seat I realized that your legs are dangling way beyond the bottom of the seat.  Time to get a big boy car seat soon.  I guess I need to get it through my head.. my little man is a toddler now. Sheesh, 15 months.

You are so totally fascinated with wheels, it is amazing to watch you push your little cars around the floor like they are really going somewhere.  One of the cutest things with you and wheels happened at the baseball park just a few weeks ago.  A very nice grandma, in a wheel chair, was strolling by and you quickly chased after her…wanting to touch the wheels.   She kindly asked us to put you on her lap, so she could take you for a ride.   me 1105

The past month has been The Month Of The Climbing.  You love to climb, climb, climb, and to change things up a bit?  Climb.  And you will climb anything: furniture, water fountains, play-sets, staircase railings, step-ladders, large boulders, store shelves, trees.  Your rule of thumb pretty much seems to be this: if you can use it to give us a heart attack, YOU ARE TOTALLY GAME.

These days your curiosity has no limits and your tantrum phase is in full swing. But I'm not complaining. Every hope and dream I have ever had in life  is wrapped up in your jelly bean sized body and I want nothing more than for you to be a big strong walking talking screamin) little person. And now every hope and dream I have is wrapped up in giving you the best life possible

There are so many things I love about you...

I never knew that my heart could be so full, positively brimming, with love.

I love when you cling to me like a koala bear in your sleep.

I love when you laugh in your sleep.

I love when you smile at me when I sing (badly).

I love when you dance (by running in erratic circles, looking down, with a huge smile on your face).

I love when you climb into my lap when I am  on the computer.

I love when you invite us to play ball. You smile and make eye contact for the whole game and we can tell how much it means to you.

I love the way you eat cherry tomatoes and raspberries one by one and ask for more.

I love when you put on a baseball hat and waddle around  looking all cool!

301671_2299444294393_1497726059_32547183_3540863_n

Nothing in life has  made me happier than your giggles, your compassion and your hugs and wet kisses.

Older women on the street often look into our eyes and say "Enjoy him. Enjoy him." with huge smiles on their faces. All we can do is nod and say  Energizer Batteries included:  "We do".

I pray that I remember these things forever!

Kendry, my little man of 15-months-old, it is such a blessing to watch you grow each and every day. I know that a lot of the time I am wishing aloud, "Stop growing up, Kendry" and that's because I just love each moment with you. I wish I could slow it down but I can't. And since I can't slow it down, I am cherishing everything you are, everything you do. You're just blooming, baby, and you are so beautiful!

I love you to the moon and back! - Mommy

No comments: