About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Asian Chicken Salad

tasty_tuesday[1]

We were very lucky to have Lyn and Gary with us for one of those last summer Sunday Dinners.  Ali has really improved on her cooking skills.   She knows that someday soon Kendry is going to be wanting some real food!  She put this salad together for us while Lyn and I had a chance to have a catch-up visit.   It was so yummy…..we all said this is a keeper recipe.  The thickness of the cabbage makes the salad crunchy and also helps keep the salad fresh for several days. 

This has got to be my new favorite salad. Although the flavors are not necessarily strong, there is just something about this that I love. I can’t count how many times I told Ali…wow this is really good.

It lasted for a day in my fridge before it was gone and was fresh and delicious.  I even think it would have been ok a day or so more…….but, of course, I ate it all! At first the noodles are crunchy but after sitting for a day they become soft and the salad tastes great either way. I strongly recommend trying this salad sometime soon so here goes with the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

3 packages ramen noodles, crushed

1 cup blanched sliced almonds

2 teaspoons sesame seeds

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 head napa cabbage, shredded

1 bunch green onions, chopped

3/4 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup rice vinegar

1/2 cup sugar

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 lb chicken tenders

1 teaspoon season all season salt

1 teaspoon garlic powder

*1 season packet from ramen noodles

DIRECTIONS:

1.  In a frying pan cook chicken tenders in oil with, season all season salt, garlic powder, and seasoning packet from ramen noodles.   Cut into bite size pieces.

2. In a medium skillet over low heat brown ramen noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds with melted butter.   Once browned, take off heat and cool. Next time we are going to try to put them on a cookie sheet and broil them on low for a few minutes to see how that works.

3. In a small saucepan bring vegetable oil, sugar, and vinegar to boil for 1 minute.  Cool.   Add soy sauce.

4. In a large bowl, combine shredded napa cabbage and chopped green onions.   Add the cooled chicken, noodles, and soy sauce mixture.   Toss to coat.   Serve  

2 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

We had a very siliar recipe just last night! Huh..I think I'll try next time with teh cabbage in bigger chunks - we usually use the shrads for cole slaw..yours sounds better!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I just talked to my friend about that very idea...using cole slaw. We both decided the larger piece of cabbage are probably the best! Don't ya just love this salad!