About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Day Out


A day of firsts.....This is my first day date with my grandson and in the 2 1/2 months since my he was been born, I have learned more than a few things:

#1. This one I have always known but I'll remind all of my friends who said "I told you!"...."Women in their 60s don't have babies!" Seriously. While I totally love the time he is with me, I am thankful that he also has a full time Mom to take care of him.


#2. It is impossible to give him just one kiss. You know that song..."Just One Kiss"....well it always turns into mwa. mwa. mwa. mwa! And never fewer than six, and then another six, and then another six!

#3. Being a grandparent is way more fun than being a parent. Of course, I knew this almost 9 years ago...but time gets away and I seem to have forgotten what a new life brings to those around you.


#4. Which brings us to ...YES, I am one of those grandparents. You know the kind…the ones who have a ton of pictures and stories about their wonderful grandchild and make funny faces and sounds to entertain their precious gift from Our Heavenly Father. And you have seen all those cute pictures right???

#5. I have spend more time praying and thanking my Heavenly Father than ever before!

#6. Wow has this little guy made a different in my love for life and family!

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

Ditto to all of it. Grandkids just do something to a grandmother's heart♥