About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fresh Scallops

Wait.....I can't say they are really Fresh (they are as fresh as you can get in Utah)...but, can't you just hear me say "Mmmmmm" "Oh Wow" "Yummie"? You should, and it didn't even take a cooking genius to do it.........just little old me. All together there is a very intense concentration of the garden fresh yellow tomatoes which I roasted with EVOO and fresh basil(Thank you Robyn), along with the sweet and slightly smoky flavor of the grilled scallops (a Costco special...next best thing to fresh) brushed with EVOO - salt and pepper, added to it, are those thin organic french beans (from Costco - of course)that still have a little bite to them, I can't begin to tell you how delicious it actually was. No recipe that's it....roast the tomatoes, boil the beans....put them both in a frying pan with a little olive oil and garlic....just until the scallops are grilled. Toss it in a bowl and enjoy!

3 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

What is EVOO? Looks yummy! You have been cooking alot this weeked. Do you cater? Thanks for being so supportive of me. I appeciate your friendship VERY much!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

EVOO- extra virgin olive oil...
YW..your friendship means the world to me.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Sounds YUM-O! I've never grilled scallops- do you place them individually on the grill or do you have one of those "fish baskets"?
Great picture- makes me hungry for scallops at 6 in the morning!
Colleen