About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, September 11, 2008

9 - 11

It’s hard to believe that seven years ago today, the world was critically changed forever. We all remember exactly where we were when we learned that America had been attacked and thousands of our brothers and sisters had perished.

On 9/11 we were united as one American family. Are we united today?



Today in my 3rd grade classroom we discussed 9-11. They were just babies when this terrible event happened....just one-year-olds! I talked with them about how emotional and sad all of America was on that day. And today we watched a video of pictures from that fateful day. Some of them got just as tearful as I did.
We talked about how today is our day to remember, to pray, and to hope for the future. One little girl wondered if today was a holiday, because flags were flying all through the neighborhood. As I drove to work this morning I thought maybe this should be a holiday, our day to give reverence to the promise we made seven years ago, that we will never forget. God Bless America

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

As Dar and I visited the WTC site recently, there was a reverent feeling. Many 'tourist' stood together in silence. Which was so very different than the many other places we visited. I thought back to that day 7 years ago, and remembered how I felt. Thanks for posting this.