About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, November 5, 2007

The True Spirit of Thanksgiving


This is from my daughter's blog ~ Ogden High Colors. She loves her job and all the good things that happen each day with her students. So I'm sharing her story about Thanksgiving Turkeys.

Thanksgiving is a time for giving; Colors of Success and the Utah Food Bank are doing just that ~ giving turkeys to the families of our student.
The first week of November, with everyone working together, we present 20 families with a Thanksgiving turkey. Hopefully this has made someone else's day a little brighter. We can make a real difference and that's what it's all about.I feel very fortunate to work in a community that values quality education and actively partners with our schools to help us ensure that the student have every opportunity to realize their potential. Thanks to the Utah Food Bank this project became a reality.I hope that during the holidays you have the opportunity to encourage your students to dream about their future and to discuss the importance of education as the key pathway to success.
You as parents are their primary teachers, but I am very thankful that I have the opportunity to work with them each school day to help them along the path to success.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great difference DD must be making in their lives. I do think of these young people lots, and hope that they have many others in their lives that follow your DD example.

jayedee said...

children like your dd, give me hope for the future. good job mom! you're raising a good 'un!

Unknown said...

That is so cool. We have a thing here in our area called "tshirts for turkeys" and the radio station collects hundreds and hundreds of them throughout the month. They give a radio tshirt to each contributor. They are a hot item. The shirts, no the turkeys :)