About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, May 28, 2007

Girl's Trip Saturday, May 26, 2007


Memorial Day Weekend 2007 ~
With an itinerary packed full for the day we started out shopping at Cabelas. We left with only a few items -- mostly CHOCOLATE!
We continued our trip to see a few Utah County Parade of Homes. The first homes were in the price range of a mere $400,000. None of us would have traded what we are now living in for those new models. We really liked a few of the accessories, especially the picture frames. I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up in our homes in the near future. After seeing two low end homes, we ventured into the "IF YOU HAVE TO ASK ~ YOU CAN'T AFFORD!" category. The homes were spectacular to say the least.
We stopped in between homes for some lunch at Prestwick Farm's, a nice little restaurant at the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon. We took a couple of pictures with hand bags from their gift shop. The proprietor did even question us taking the bags off his display, he even took our picture with them. I understand that is NOT going to happen in Milan!
Woodland Hills was beautiful. Spectacular homes, staggering scenery, and a couple of deer wondering the streets wondering why their habitat has been so invaded.
Next stop Loafer Canyon. I love the canyon --what more can I say? We drove around Salem Pond and I shared my love of the pond with my friends. My grandmother took several of her grandchildren there often for picnics. Lots of modern improvements have taken place since my childhood days, one of which is you can't drive right up to the beach anymore. There were lots of people enjoying the afternoon there, so I'm happy that it is still a favorite spot for so many.

We have been on the road for almost 7 1/2 hours but still found the energy to stop at the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork. Took plenty of pictures, had a brief guided tour, and browsed the gift shop. Interesting.
Couple of stops to visit my family, hear a few of my father's stories, see his beautiful yard, and have him tell us it's time to get on the road home. I was able to share lots of memories with my friends about Utah County. Hope I didn't bore them completely.
We were going to make one last stop at IKEA but seeing how it was almost 8:30, I think we were all a little on the weary side. Besides the parking lot was still overflowing, so we'll check it out another day.
Of course, Memorial Day is about remembering the sacrifices that our military men and women have made over the last 229 years. We are still a young nation, but one that has made many sacrifices to remain free. Our thoughts and prayers are with those families who have made the sacrifices necessary to keep our nation what it is today.

No comments: