About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Who Reads Christmas in March ~ Finding Noel

Kleenex Alert if you chose to read this novel….I was crying before I finished the first chapter!

Collage

I really loved this novel.  I picked it up because I just seemed drawn to it.

This story is touching...and brings forth the idea that love and family come in all shapes and forms, and sometimes we need to look beyond our own losses and hardships to find true happiness and love.  Mark down on his luck and ready to end his life remembers the words of his mother…

To quote Mark Smart's diary:
"My mother used to tell me that angels walk the earth disguised as people. Tonight I am a believer."  He meets Macy!

Yes the book is predictable…except for the part about Mark’s father…..not going to give that away! Yet each character adds so much to the novel, even the wicked Hummels.  There are so many touching moments that a box of Kleenex if definitely needed.  Mark’s journal notes are the snippets of wisdom from a down to earth guy, and are so profound that I wanted to write all of them down on post it notes to ponder them throughout each day. 

“Love is like a rose: we fixate on the blossom, but it's the thorny stem that keeps it alive and aloft...
The things of greatest value are the things we fight for. And in the end, if we do it right, we value the stem far more than the blossom.”

ROSEMILK

Be prepared to cry and grieve…after reading I decided that it's not always about happy endings as much as it is about picking up the pieces after despair, disappointments and losses and learning how to move on in spite of it all. Loved it!

No comments: