About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pine Idaho I Miss You….

I have told this story I’m sure many times, but I’ve never put it in writing

today since I am missing our vacation to Hayhurst Bed & Breakfast,

I will just think back to the very first trip we made………..

mapquest….our trusted friend -
Start out going north on toward W 200 N.

Turn right onto W 300 N


Turn left onto N Main St/UT-126.

  • N Main St is just past N 75 W
  • TEXACO is on the corner
  • If you are on E 300 N and reach N Vine St you've gone about 0.1 miles too far


Take the 2nd right onto E 650 N

  • E 650 N is 0.1 miles past Fern Dr
  • PETRO MART #II is on the left
  • If you reach W 800 N you've gone about 0.1 miles too far


Merge onto I-15 N via the ramp on the left toward Ogden…..

  • If you reach Arsenal Rd you've gone a little too far (really – I know
  • how to get to Ogden…

43.4 mi

Keep left to take I-84 W toward Boise(Crossing into Idaho).

222.3 mi


Take the I-84-BL/US-20 exit, EXIT 95, toward ID-51/ID-67/Mountain Home/Fairfield.

0.4 mi

.
Turn right onto US-20.

  • If you reach I-84 W you've gone about 0.3 miles too far…Yes you for sure
  • have gone to far…

25.5 mi
Turn left onto NE Wood Creek Rd(Portions unpaved….NO ALL OF IT IS UNPAVED!

  • If you reach Castle Rock Rd you've gone about 0.6 miles too far….AGAIN!!!


NE Wood Creek Rd becomes S Pine Featherville Rd (Portions unpaved).

8.0 mi
Turn sharp left onto Lester Creek Rd(Portions unpaved).

  • Lester Creek Rd is 0.6 miles past Old Logging Rd
  • If you are on N Pine Feathervillee Rd and reach E Nester Dr you've gone a little too far


Turn right onto S Twin Pine Dr (Portions unpaved).

  • If you reach W Bentzinger Dr you've gone about 1.8 miles too far
    810 S TWIN PINE DR is on the left.
  • If you reach the end of S Twin Pine Dr you've gone about 0.2 miles too far

Map quest you really out did yourself with directions and we were only lost for 2 hours,

while nearly losing our lives, because we were on private property and the sign said

we would be shot!!!!!

trespassing copy

old truck

My ideas of directions we be something more like this….

get on the freeway
head north
it’s probably several hours (3 – 4)
from where you live
keep going ‘til you get to Burley . take a break and visit with friends!

the road never turns to dirt………

turn onto the road by the Idaho State Sheds
the road kinda curves
goes over a steep hill
then you’ll see a beautiful lake
little cabins along the way
and maybe a few dogs
you can see the beautiful Hayhurst across the lake
from the back side you will see a magnificent view
the road is very good right up to the front door

You will never forget your experience once you have been there!

And yes you will need better directions than I just gave you!

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

Me too...I still say, "If I had a million bucks, i would buy that place."