About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, March 14, 2014

Goat Cheese --- Love it!

 

The Package says – Chevrai Soft Unripened Goat Cheese ~Wild Blueberry Vanilla

Blueberry Cheese

After a little research on the internet I learned that ……Chevrai is a made-up name and honestly I don't even know how to pronounce it right, that tricky word chèvre.  Is it like "chiv-ray" or "cheev-ray" or even like "cherve" ( I’m guessing the company chose the fun name just to be different and stand out for marketing.)  And what is this Unripened stuff… Ripened cheese is stored after manufacturing until the preferred taste and consistency is achieved. Unripened cheese is sold as soon as it is manufactured – Not Fermented!

This stuff is/was awesome!  It is just slightly sweet from the vanilla, which worked absolutely perfect with our Asian pear salad….which I didn’t get a picture of because I snarffed/inhaled is more like it.   Love, love, loved!

It is a def/must try and you can find it at Winegar’s in Clearfield….imagine that…..or Pirate O’s or Trader Joe’s   

Right now I am enjoying it on crackers to my hearts content!  It’s amazingly delectable.

No comments: