About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, April 23, 2012

Backyard Lilac

Fragrance triggers are like lightening bolts in our brain.DSC_0048

A memory so vivid it can take one’s breath away.DSC_0039

Brilliant - shining
Purple and white
Can there be
A more magnificent sight?

 DSC_0040Lilacs have an heirloom quality to them. DSC_0041

You can see them blooming in abandoned lots, having survived long after the homes they were planted next to have vanished. DSC_0041 I remember them growing across the street from my childhood home on the corner of a lot no one cared for.DSC_0042My father planted many in the backyard of our home….The lilacs now blooming in my backyard all trace their ancestry back to him.

DSC_0042

You remind me, of years past, of happy times, of neighborhood friends, and Spring Festivals.

DSC_0043

Little clenched fists of purple, waiting to burst forth
Tiny leaves of green unfold, proud to show their growth.
DSC_0044Your smell so fresh and clean, so light…so free. DSC_0045Blessed with blossoms to numerous to count DSC_0046Love flows best when it blooms………… DSC_0047

It’s amazing to see how much beauty God puts into a single lilac with its breathtaking beauty and aroma.

No comments: