About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, October 28, 2011

Asian Cucumber Salad

 

Sushi is one of my kids absolute favorite foods to eat. And we absolutely love our neighborhood  “Imperial Asian Cuisine & Sushi Bar”.  We also love the little side dish of cucumber salad which comes with every order from the Sushi Bar.    It is so light and refreshing.  The perfect combination of sweet and sour.  Tonight I decided it was time to give it the home-made try……it worked!   We loved it! 

 

image

Ingredients:

1 English cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced

1 large carrot, peeled and matchstick-julienned

4 radishes, matchstick-julienned

1/4 red onion, thinly sliced

1/2 cup rice vinegar

2 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoons chili garlic sauce

1/2 teaspoon salt

Preparation:

In a microwavable bowl add rice vinegar, sugar, chili garlic sauce, and salt. Heat the bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir the vinaigrette until the sugar is completely dissolved. In a medium size bowl add the sliced cucumbers, carrots, radishes, and red onion. Pour vinaigrette over the cucumber mixture and toss. Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.

No comments: