About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Walk to Remember

I awoke today knowing it would be a beautiful fall day. The sun was already warm and there was a gentle breeze stirring the leaves and branches in our neighborhood. The sky was bright blue and it looked like a perfect day to celebrate what I am thankful for.

When I was living with my parents, I looked forward to our Sunday walks. We strolled through the neighborhoods near and far. Those walks happened more than 50 years ago today, but in my memory they can occur to me like they were yesterday. This quiet street brought back rushing memories of those pleasant walks!lane

Our walks were not just for exercise…there were always lessons to be learned. Whatever the reason or purpose for our walks, my parents always made sure that I was paying very close attention to the journey itself. The physical nature of all things, the grasses, trees, birds, animals, the view of the mountains, all given to us to remind us of the blessings we need to be thankful for each day.

But, sometimes those walks were to teach me the lessons I needed to learn about who I was, what I was to become, and how I should go about taking the trails necessary to achieve those goals. Life is most definitely the trails we walk. There are no exceptions, you can’t be unaffected by what happens to you along your trails. Whatever my journey may be……….today I am thankful for the family I was born into and for the foundations that were given to me which have helped me become what I am today. Today I walk not only for the exercise, but also to remember who I am….humble…. with my face towards the earth, as well as the sky, so I can always look to the paths ahead of me with gratitude and knowledge that “I CAN”!

No comments: