About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Creamy Polenta


I've kinda been on a polenta kick.........this recipe is a keeper for my files!
Ingredients:
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup white cornmeal
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup Italian Blend Cheese - shredded
3 tablespoons chopped scallions
1/2 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes
1 cup chopped spinach
Salt
Pepper
Combine chicken stock and cream in a large heavy saucepan. Heat to a gentle biol over medium heat, being careful not to burn. While whisking constantly, gradually add the cornmeal in a thin stream. Once cornmeal is incorporated, keep heat low and continue to whisk until mixture is slightly thickened and creamy. Stir in butter, cheese, scallions, sun dried tomatoes, and chopped spinach. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Pour polenta into a 9 X 13 pan which has been coated with Pam. Bake at 350 until top is nicely browned.
I like to make polenta a day ahead because it sets up so nicely. Then all I do is reheat and serve.

No comments: